Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summer Activities

Seriously. I awoke this morning at 10 a.m. (ahh...) Slept poorly (too much wine?), awakened again at 5:30 a.m. by an earthquake shaking the SHIT out of my metal staircase. Boy was that freaky. I didn't feel the ground move at all, just that damn staircase squeaking. I was sure there was someone in my house!!

But when I finally got up, I was optimistic that today was going to be a great day. I had fun activities planned for the kids, and we were going to have a good time. Mom time is in limited supply, believe it or not, so I was really looking forward to giving them my full attention.

First, we went to a play. $42, and they didn't like it. The Jungle Book. What's not to like? Daughter crawled all over my lap the whole time and hung on me after, stepping on my feet and pulling my skirt down, so that I couldn't even have a 5 minute conversation with my friend who brought us. :|

Then, Roller Derby. I was SURE the kids would love this. What's not to love about skatergirls rolling around and flying all over the place? Caius had a stomachache and Sonja was bored. I remembered drinks, I remembered sweatshirts, I remembered to feed them. We left early. * sigh * :|



Most fun I had today? a) finding out that the thing I mailed to my friend actually go there and she likes the jewelry set I fixed for her daughter for a wedding; b) finding out that we got paid for work we did, even if the wrong invoice got sent and was half the amount; c) creating a new homepage banner for my friend's online store. Probably A, but I'm still working on the banner, this time while drinking wine. It's nice to know that some people out there appreciate your work.

Had to close the door to my office. Too many kids whining for food after mealtime (I'm hungry...there's nothing left...) even though I fed them dinner on time for once. Look, if you don't eat it, it might not be there 2 hours later. Too many kids wanting "help". Nonspecific, just "I need help." Helps if you tell me WITH WHAT.

Even so, I'll bet the summer seems short when August rolls around.

No comments:

Post a Comment