Friday, June 19, 2009

Why don't I remember this stuff?

Is this deja vu? Does anyone else out there catch themselves doing this dumb stuff that you know you shouldn't fall for?

Long ago, I upgraded to Internet Explorer 7. I immediately figured out that my wysiwyg tools on two of the websites that I used regularly to update webstores for myself and a friend, didn't work in that browser. So then I had to figure out how to uninstall it and go back to version 6. Needless to say, none of the tech "support" people understood why I would want to do that. Even when I explained that the websites I use DON'T WORK with their browser.

A year has gone by (at least), and now I don't use those sites anymore, my store having closed and the other changed. So I thought, hey, what the heck? Mozilla keeps crashing, maybe it would be nice to have tabbed browsing after all.

SUNSHINE---DO NOT GO IN THERE! THERE'S MOSTERS IN THERE! DON'T GO IN...AAAUUGGGHHH!

I knew better. So day before yesterday I went to microsoft.com and downloaded v 7 again. It took 45 minutes to download and I had to reboot. Ok, fine. Whatever.

The next thing I tried to do was go somewhere and do something, and the whole computer immediately froze and I had to reboot. Again.

I can't view half the stuff, can't browse, it sticks all the time. At least Firefox has the courtesy to remember where you were and ask if you'd like your tabs back when you turn it back on.

I noticed there's a version 8 in there that I could've downloaded instead. Now I'm tempted, but seriously. Will I fall for it again?

If version 7 doesn't work, why should version 8? Anyone know where I can go back in time and get Internet Explorer version 6? You know what they say. If it ain't broke....

No comments:

Post a Comment